Look at what happened to the female characters of Defiance at the end of Season One.
- Irisa (Stephanie Leonidas) dove off a cliff (a la Buffy at the end of Season 5) and is presumably dead.
- Amanda Rosewater (Julie Benz) was voted out of office, rendering her powerless.
- Kenya Rosewater (Mia Kirshner) was poisoned by Shtama Tarr (Jaime Murray), and is presumably dead.
- Nicky (Fionnula Flanagan) was killed by Doc Yewll.
Note that the two murdered female characters were each killed by one of the four remaining women in the cast. Women remaining in Defiance are:
- Shtama, a Castithan woman who could easily have killed that appalling husband of hers, but chose instead to kill her lover Kenya at his request.
- Amanda, who, now that she is out of office, will most likely spend her time searching for her sister’s killer
- Christie McCawley (Nicole Muñoz) who is really not very assertive
- Doc Yewll (Trenna Keating), the only woman in Defiance who still wields any power.
One might hope that when Irisa took a header off that precipice, she not only resurrected the gun-happy sherrif (sorry, lawkeeper), but also revived Kenya, who sensibly enough took off for parts unknown after realizing her narrow escape. (Alternatively, Shtama might have given Kenya a drug that created the illusion of death, like McCoy gave Kirk in Amok Time.) One might also hope that Irisa will continue the Buffy analogy and rise from the dead, perhaps with the help of her lover Tommie LaSalle (Dewshane Williams) who takes up witchcraft for the purpose. There seems to be no way of resurrecting Nicky. The doctor was quite thorough about dispatching her.
Note to Amanda Rosewater: The best way to investigate what happened to your sister is to take over the Need/Want and assume her duties.